Dry skin is a common problem that most of us tend to face on a regular basis – especially during the winter season. Dry skin occurs when your skin is not able to retain ample moisture. It can happen from certain medical conditions, frequent bathing, using harsh products, and so more. In colder regions, dry skin can stem from the presence of cold, dry air. If you have excess dry skin, you can search for professional help from the best dermatologist for hair and skin in Bangalore.
Treating Dry Skin Effectively
If you wish to heal dry skin and prevent it from coming back, follow these tips suggested by the dermatologists in Bangalore:
- Frequent dry skin might be the result of the loss of moisture from the skin. Therefore, it is important to keep your skin well moisturized all the time.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water every day. It will also keep your skin hydrated.
- Natural oils can also help your skin retain maximum moisture. Depending on your unique skin requirements, it is recommended to use the best natural oil, including coconut oil, olive oil, and others to moisturize your skin well.
- Adopting a healthy diet can also help you in treating dry skin conditions. You can consider consuming fruits & veggies rich in Vitamin A – including zucchini, carrots, spinach, celery, tomatoes, and so more for improved skin texture.
- You can also consider switching to cold or lukewarm water for bathing instead of hot water.
- Choose non-irritating clothes and less harsh laundry detergents to avoid skin irritation due to dry skin. Try wearing lighter cloth materials like silk or cotton.
- Try using only gentle, unscented products on your skin. If possible, avoid using deodorant soaps or skin products containing alcohol, AHA (Alpha-hydroxy Acid), retinoids, and fragrance.
Even after trying out all the preventive methods, if dry skin conditions persist, then you might as well consider taking help from a professional dermatologist in Bangalore. It is essential to get professional help as dry skin could also be the symptom of some other skin condition. Don’t delay, consult the best dermatologist right away.