Hives is generally not a common term and in medical terms, it is known as Urticaria. Hives can be seen on any part of the body. It has been found that Hives can disappear from one particular area and can reappear in other area within few hours. If one, find swelling deep inside the skin then it can be Angioedema. Angioedema generally disappears within a day.
Every skin disease has usually similar kind of symptoms so have Hives. Symptoms include-
- Skin Irritation
The hives can be round in shape or as patches of no shape appearing on any body part.
Hives are usually of two forms- Ordinary and Physical
Ordinary Hives do not show any kind of symptom and can at once show up on the skin for no particular reason. Itching and swelling might form but fades away in some time. The Hive which disappear would be seen somewhere else on the body. This procedure follows for certain time. If the situation persists for more than 1 or 2 months then it becomes Chronic. Once chronic it can last for uncertain period.
Physical Hives are generally occurred by the direct exposure from Sun, heavy exercise or sweat, cold or hear. The Hive appears in the area that is directly exposed and nowhere else. Physical Hives would disappear on its own and do not appear again.
Hives are caused due to release of the chemical from cells to the blood vessels. As stated the cause of Ordinary Hives is unknown, Histamine Chemical is released due to Drug doses, food allergy or any other viral infections.
• Hives are treated by Antihistamines, which can be orally taken available at the nearby Medical store. They oppose the reaction done by Histamine but bring drowsiness to the sufferer.
• Under supervision of Doctor’s at Radiance Medispas, Oral Steroids are prescribed to cure severe Hives. Although the effect of Oral Steroids is usually short lived, as such severe Hives stays for longer time before it disappears. In addition, Oral steroids have severe side effects.
• Creams and Ointments should be used so as to avoid the desire for Itching. They should be applied several times daily for certain time period to see the desired effect.
• Other therapies can also be used like laser treatments. UV radiations and antibiotics to reduce the Hives but are usually not so effective.
As Hive cannot be treated by any specific treatment and is not very harmful, so only preventive steps can be taken to avoid or suppress the symptoms.
- One should use Sunscreen and protect the skin from direct exposure of the skin.
- For any specific allergy like smell, food or dust, particular precautions should be taken.
- On day to day basis use cream or lotions to avoid having dry skin leading to such infection.
* Disclaimer: Person following our program, The Results varies from person to person and case to case as per there Metabolic rate, Commitment, age, lifestyle & Medical history.
© 2011 - Radiancemedispas.com All rights reserved.